Be Part of a Strong Network
Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network, an insurance and savings and investment product distribution network for Desjardins Insurance1, combines the dynamic strength of a top financial institution with the flexibility of a company that is close to its clients. By joining our team, you will become part of a national network that:
- Is present in all regions of the country;
- Does business with more than 1,600 independent advisors, partner companies and general agents;
- Includes 40 financial centres and branches of the Desjardins Group.
At Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network, we provide the following for our clients:
- Financial security planning services;
- Personal and group insurance;
- Savings services;
- Investment services.
The expertise of our sales force continues to grow thanks to the cooperation of our many industry resources, the support of a multidisciplinary team and a complete training and development program.
We provide a wide range of products and services to meet our clients’ needs in the best possible way. Our partner representatives not only have access to the Desjardins Insurance products, but also to those of the major Canadian insurers and, through Desjardins Financial Security Investments, to the products and services offered by more than 100 investment fund companies.
Support and Stability
The success of our network lies with the support and financial stability of Desjardins Insurance1, an arm of the Desjardins Group, which is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, with assets of over $157 billion.
Desjardins Insurance ranks among the leading Canadian financial institutions thanks to:
- More than 5,000,000 Canadian clients2;
- Over 4,000 employees2;
- Total revenues of nearly $6.4 billion2;
- Net premiums (insurances and annuities) of nearly $3.9 billion2;
- General account assets and segregated fund assets of over $30.1 billion2;
- Total assets under management of nearly $41.3 billion2;
Our strategic alliance with Desjardins Insurance contributes to our company’s sustained growth. It allows us to rank among the leading financial services distributors in Canada.
Training and Support
By becoming an associate representative in our network, you will have access to a variety of innovative development and training programs, competitive products and expert services that will help you run your company successfully.
You will have access to a training program designed specifically for new representatives who join one of our financial centres. Extending over a period of 18 months, this training program will help you become familiar with financial security, the products that are available, global and integrated planning and methods for soliciting clients.
Business Services program
This program will help you acquire the aptitudes, the knowledge and the skills you will need in order to integrate into your business practices the behaviour patterns that will benefit both your personal and your professional growth.
Depending on your results, a portion of the fees required to benefit from business services such as the following may be reimbursed to you:
- Highly specialized training program;
- Services of business coaching;
- Training related to obtaining an industry-recognized professional title;
- Preparing planning files for high-potential clients;
- Industry symposiums, activities organized by the IFIC, LIMRA, LOMA and other industry organizations;
- Training sessions for skills development conferences and/or symposiums on topics of current financial interest
- Marketing expenses;
- Book on business;
- CD or e-learning based development programs;
- Business related language courses.
Our outstanding representatives can benefit from one of the best recognition programs in the industry.
Financial support to purchase business blocks
We offer a financing program to our network representatives who wish to purchase an established clientele. This program makes it possible for new representatives to establish themselves in their career and to develop a clientele that already exists.
Communications, marketing and business development
Whether you are just starting your career or already well established, we provide you with the resources that will bring added value to your service offer. Our team of communication and marketing professionals is dedicated to helping representatives show their strongest assets and to supporting them in developing their business.
Support from the financial centre team
Our representatives benefit from numerous services provided by the financial centres to which they are associated through a commercial agreement:
- Coaching/mentoring for their sales activities;
- Ad hoc training or specialized training provided by experts in the fields of insurance, savings, financial planning, taxation and sales coaching;
- Technical, computer-related and administrative support.
1 Desjardins Insurance refers to Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company, a provider of life and health insurance and retirement savings products.2 As of December 2014: Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network